17 August 2010

life phase #...i've lost count

Yesterday I started college. For the second time. Exactly 10 years after the first time around. In a way my life can be divided into/sectioned off/added up (whatever you want to say) by different phases. And I can't help but laugh at the irony of being back in the "same" phase I was 10 years ago. Now "same" is a stretch, Kennesaw is no Auburn and 28 is very different than 18. So, it gets me thinking about a quote from TS Eliot, "We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." I think i understand a little of what he means. The way I view life and school is so different now it's as if I'm knowing what it means to be a student for the first time. And as someone who has done my share of exploring I'm grateful for the lessons I've learned, the things I've seen, the change in me the Lord has made. I like that I'm knowing college as if for the first time. Also, I agree that, "we shall not cease from exploration", in fact I'm "back" in part to ensure the continuation of the exploring, the wandering. It's just fun that my Father has lead me on a path which brings me to a place that seems so like where I started. And I can't help but wonder if 10 years from now I'll be writing about starting college for the third time! PhD maybe? I do like the sound of Dr. Rambo. I suppose I'll just have to see how it all plays out in round two, after all, I did only start yesterday!

2 comments:

JJ said...

great post Gambo

Scott said...

Rambo, you should blog more. Also, I wanted to let you know every time I see the Double Rainbow guy on Youtube I always replace Rainbow with Rambo.